Direction of Acquisition Marketing
San Francisco, CA
Blurb is searching for a results-driven marketer to own the future of our acquisition marketing efforts. The Director of Acquisition Marketing will manage two employees and agency partners, driving new customer growth globally
This individual will oversee existing digital marketing programs including paid search, display prospecting/retargeting (including paid social, mobile and video ads), organic search, affiliates and influencers, as well as lead the effort to test and scale new/emerging digital and offline programs, including a referral program, direct mail, podcasts, digital radio, print advertising, et al.
The Director of Acquisition Marketing will work closely with Analytics, Retention Marketing, Brand Marketing, Product, UX, and Creative teams to identify and understand key customer segments, map and optimize the customer journey, and acquire new customers at a profitable cost.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing, the Director will manage the Sr. Search Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager, and paid media agency.
- Manage, mentor, and develop two direct reports as well as own relationship and day-to-day management of our paid media agency
- Oversee a multi-million dollar marketing budget, determine the right investment allocation by channel to drive maximum results, and localize efforts across all major markets (US, UK, CAN, AUS, FR, DE, NL, SP, IT)
- Develop strategic acquisition marketing plan to target and acquire new customers using digital marketing channels and offline media
- Define and deliver on goals, objectives, and KPIs, meeting Return on Ad Spend (ROAS) and Cost Per Acquisition (CPA) targets to acquire customers at a profitable cost
- Continuously optimize existing channels while proactively seeking out new tactics, partnerships, and technologies
- Partner with the Director of Retention Marketing to increase LTV and leverage CRM data in Acquisition Marketing channels, including display retargeting, lookalike targeting, dynamic ads, remarketing lists for search ads, etc.
- Partner with Creative and Editorial teams to ensure all creative assets and copy are refreshed frequently and are as relevant and impactful as possible
- Partner with Analytics and agency to track and analyze performance by channel, conduct A/B and multivariate tests, establish reporting infrastructure, and communicate out results
- Work with Product, UX and Retention teams to improve the customer journey on the website and in all acquisition marketing channels, identifying the best performing landing pages and user flow
Education: Bachelors Degree
Work Experience: 5+ Years of E-commerce Marketing experience in Paid Search and Display (including social, mobile and video) is required, but ideally you’ll have additional experience with some of the following: SEO, Affiliates, Influencers, Referral, Direct Mail, Print Advertising, Podcasts/Digital Radio, et al.
- Results-oriented with an exceptional track record of developing profitable acquisition marketing programs and meeting and exceeding performance objectives
- Strong leadership skills and a proven ability to manage, mentor, and develop a high-performing team
- Understands how best to optimize for mobile and desktop experiences (desktop, mobile responsive and in-app marketing) and have experience creating app-install campaigns
- Highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and build consensus on critical initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; comfortable leveraging large amounts of data to drive decisions and a passion for continuous testing and optimization
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritizing time and resources based on business impact
- Passion for delighting and advocating for customers and an intimate understanding of how and when to influence customer behavior
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employer-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation expenses
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days paid time off per year (with tenure-based increases after two years)
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Free lunch on Wednesdays
- Company sponsored yoga and in-office massages
- $300 credit a year to create your own books with Blurb
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.