Customer Support - Social Media
San Francisco, CA
As a Customer Support Agent for Social Media, you will be responsible for supporting our glob-al customer base through multiple mediums of communication, including social media chan-nels. You will represent the Blurb brand to our customers, supporting them by answering questions, solving problems and communicating requested features. Your primary responsibil-ity will be responding to customers directly in social media channels, including Twitter and Facebook. Experience in public facing corporate social media responses is a must.
- Resolving inbound customer inquiries efficiently and successfully, primarily via social media channels
- Posting outbound Customer Support related content on social media channels
- Partnering with PR and Community Managers in marketing for consistent voice and messaging
- Monitoring and maintaining business SLA’s for response times
- Support Community Manager in moderating Blurb forums
- Interfacing with product development, product design and operations to escalate and resolve issues
- Improving customer services processes and policies, as appropriate
- Other projects as assigned
Education: Associate degree or higher preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to learn quickly
- Prior experience with corporate social media channels
- Experience with social media management tools a plus
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
- Moderate technical abilities – comfortable working with and troubleshooting multiple desktop applications, file formats, and operating systems; ability to quickly learn customer support tracking/management system
- Moderate analytical skills – comfort with tools and processes involved in data-driven decision-making
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and fluid environment – self-starting, ambitious and flexible
- Personable, outgoing team player
- Fluent in French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and/or Dutch a plus
In addition, you possess the following qualities:
- You are able to see the big picture and can be strategic in your decision making
- You have a bias towards taking initiative and are results-oriented
- You are a strong communicator, within your team and across functions
- And last, but not least: you radiate a positive attitude and your colleagues agree that you are collaborative and a solid team player
Performance measures (This is how your success will be measured):
- Achieve strong customer ratings via customer feedback
- Support customers to ensure a positive experiences with Blurb
- Achieve Business SLA’s for response times
- Demonstrate clear communication of customer feedback with supported data
May be expected to work irregular hours on occasion
How to Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Blurb is committed to equal opportunity and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. The job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and other job functions are subject to modification. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Blurb® is a book-making platform and creative community that enables individuals to create, publish, share and sell high-quality photo books, trade books, and magazines in both print and digital formats. Blurb is accessible to consumers across the globe with free, innovative book creation and layout tools. Founded in 2005, Blurb has over 2 million customers worldwide, resulting in over 4 million unique book titles, with nearly 18 million units shipped to almost 100 countries around the world. We are headquartered in San Francisco.